Power Management & MMI module
• Standard 19” rack
• Universal AC input 24VDC8A power supply with intelligent temperature control
• Platform Safety Management meeting EN 60947-5-1, EN 60204 and VDE 0113-1 requirements.
• Microcontroller with RTOS
• Local and remote temperature measurement with standard Pt100 sensors
• Platform temperature control with controlled fans.
• 1x DB-9 connector CAN bus port for direct connection to NI CAN interfaces
• 4x Four-pole terminal blocks as CAN bus control ports (with 1500V galvanic iso-lation) for Plug&Play CAN bus devices (Light tower, switching, etc.) with moni-tored protection and switchable 24VDC power supply output.
• Mains switch and current breaker switches (external reset operation) (Power and control).
• >1% precision AC metered voltage, current, phase and frequency
• 320x240 full colour LCD graphic display with standard colours code
• Local and remote test cycle control, for Start & Terminate execution
• Run time/Down time counter with non-volatile, non-erasable memory
• 8 floating bipolar switches for enabling control of external devices (High voltage power supplies, mechanical devices, servo-actuated devices,…etc)
• Emergency stop button (local and/or remote) according with ISO 13850 with M12 connector.
• Connectors for direct control of safety light courtain, with automatic self test and reset.
• Two options: European or NEMA plugs for unswitched loads (UPS and Process Controller)
• Pluggable terminal block for switched loads PDU. “Green option”: Selective switch per instrument for energy saving
• 90dB Alarm buzzer
• USB port for PC link and/or software updating
• Ethernet port for LXI network
• Port RS485 multi-drop for external devices control
• Standard NI CAN bus port for computer interface
• 2x M12 I/O connectors with 2 configurable I/O’s and switchable +24V power out-put
• Connector input for Safety Magnetic Switch (Class 3)
This module, named “6TL-MMI”, is designed to be the interface between an operator and a SYSTEM as well as being a metered power distribution unit (PDU) for it. The module is providing also safety controls, data bus interfaces, temperature control and timers.
The 6TL-MMI is suitable for any ATE, and specially for those based on CAN bus controlled devices, because in addition to the above functionalities, this module is also providing galvanic isolation up to 1500V for the CAN bus. This isolation will block potential disturbance towards the DUT.
The 6TL-MMI is powered from the grid through a bipolar switch for providing power to the Un-switched bus, and through an emergency stop with safety relays to provide power to the Switched bus.
The Switched bus is used to provide energy to the DUT as well as to all the power supplies that will be used to power up the DUT. The Unswitched bus (Two 10A Schuko plugs) is used for powering the control computer through a UPS.
The module includes a universal input DC power supply of 24VDC 8,3A with a thermal fan control. The 24VDC power outputs could be interrupted for energy saving while the system is in Stand-by mode or for resetting the modules.
The 6TL-MMI can be also used by the SYSTEM operator to choose options through the executive SW, or for starting/terminating the test execution.
Concerning the safety, note that a photoelectric barrier could be installed as part of the safety chain of the SYSTEM, as the 6TL-MMI provides power supply and automatic test and reset for it. Eight floating contacts (Potential free) are available for enabling external devices, that will also be part of the safety circuitry.
Go to Download Area and Download the User Manual [Login is required]